OCTOBER 13, 2013
• Wild Goose musicians jam session takes place each Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at Wild Goose Club in Sasakwa. This event is a gathering for musicians for a house band and opening for the house band and promotions. Musicians need to take their own instruments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Kallo at 405-941-3071.
OCTOBER 14, 2013
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 580-427-5433.
• VFW meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Members are encouraged to attend. For more information, phone the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
OCTOBER 15, 2013
• Ada Arts Council hosts its Taste of Ada fundraiser from 4-8 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1300 E. Beverly. Patrons may sample food and wine from local vendors and enjoy background music while supporting the council, which promotes the arts and humanities in the greater Ada area. Tickets are $20 each and may be purchased at Gem Jewelers, 101 W. Main St., or at the door the night of the event. The council will use the proceeds to finance several projects, including scholarships for high school students planning to study the arts. For more information, phone 559-5948.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at Central Church of Christ Family Life Center, 824 Stadium Drive. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Barbara at 580-436-3248 or 580-272-7550 or the church office at 580-332-6411.
OCTOBER 16, 2013
• Fall rabies clinic takes place from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-5 p.m. at Arlington Animal Clinic . For more information, phone 580-436-1030. Vaccinations are $10 each.