Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
SEPT. 18, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
SEPT. 19, 2013
• Ada Friends of NRA banquet takes place at 6 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex. To purchase tickets contact Gunrunners at 580-272-0579 or visit 205 Arlington; Bailey’s Outdoor Shop at 580-332-8786 or visit 811 N. Broadway; or visit www.friendsofnra.org. Tickets are $25 for adults, $10 for children ages 12 and younger. For more information phone Brian Scoles at 405-391-7585 or 580-421-3553. Door prizes, raffles, giveaways, games and dinner are included in the event.
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, phone 580-332-4121.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association is conducting a fundraiser with a raffle for a 40-inch Sony television. The drawing is Dec. 15. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds go to benefit veterans. To purchase tickets or for more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173, J.L. Rhodes, 580-332-8811, William Cox at 580-235-6279, James Page at 580-755-5392 or Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115.