• Pontotoc Technology Center hosting a wildlife damage control meeting at 6:30 p.m. Russell Stevens, a wildlife specialist from the Noble Foundation, will discuss issues regarding coyotes, feral hogs, beaver, and gophers. For more information, contact Hershel Williams 580-310-2241.
FEBRUARY 12, 2013
• Chimney Hill Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution meets at 1:30 p.m. at Ada Arts and Heritage Center. American History Essay Contest winners will read their essays.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit 72 meets at 5 p.m. upstairs of Ada Public Libary. For more information, phone 580-265-9222 or 436-0433.
• A new GriefShare Group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
FEBRUARY 13, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednessday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 2794870.
• Ada Youth Soccer signup is currently open for children ages 4 and older. Register online at www.bgcada.com. Look under the sports programs link or sping soccer 2013. Adult leagues are available as well. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEBRUARY 14, 2013
• Folk duo Hungrytown will be performing at the Ada Public Library at 6 p.m. in the large meeting room. The performance is free and open to the public. Ada Library Friends is providing refreshments for this special Valentine’s Day performance by Hungrytown. For more information, phone 580-436-8121.
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview.. All ages welcome. For appointment, phone 580-332-3882.