Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JANUARY 29, 2013
• A new GriefShare group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.
• Al-Anon meets each Tuesday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JANUARY 30, 2013
• Ada High School and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are starting off the new year by saving lives and inviting Ada-area residents 16 years or older to join by donating blood 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 1400 Stadium Drive.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
JANUARY 31, 2013
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
FEBRUARY 1, 2013
• Al-Anon meets each Friday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
FEBRUARY 2, 2013
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop, Curtis Smith and Don Harness are conducting a meeting at the Masonic Lodge in Allen at noon. This is an important meeting and members need to attend to hear what has taken place and is happening.