Ada — TUESDAY
FEBRUARY 4, 2014
• A meeting of the Board of Directors for Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corporation will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014, at New Vision Bank conference room, 1901 Arlington, This meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Carolyn Hill at (580) 310-9300.
• Circle Time of Ada meets the first Tuesday of the month at Glenwood Resource Center, 825 W. 10th 6:30 p.m. Circle Time of Ada is a non-profit support group for anyone who has a child, knows someone with, or wants to learn more about Autism spectrum disorders as well as other developmental disorders and special needs. For more information call Linda Dickinson at 580-310-7263 or www.facebook.com/CircleTimeofAda.
• Testing for the Practical Nurse Career Major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
FEBRUARY 5, 2014
• A blood drive will be held at Ada Cougar Activity Center 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
FEBRUARY 6, 2014
• PAST will have its monthly meeting Thursday, Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m. at First Christian Church on 13th Street in Ada.
• A Taco Sale will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1005 Chamber Loop. A pie auction will start at 5:30 p.m. with John Garber as auctioneer. The Red Barn Band will perform. Orders of two or more will be delivered. Call 436-1007 for more information.
• Testing for the Practical Nurse Career Major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580-436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
• Ada Juliette Low Leadership Society will host Swirls and Pearls for the Girls event to honor “The Gallup Girls,” Mary Garber, Becky Payton and Regina Robertson. The event will consist of wine tasting, a pearl sale and more. Proceeds will support local Girl Scout programs. Tickets are available online at www.gseok.org/JLLS.
FEBRUARY 8, 2014
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop and Dan Harnes will hold a meeting at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. There will be an auction for food, can goods, dry goods, jellies, jams, etc. All members are requested to attend as there will be a class afterward.
• Ada Main Street’s Charmed by Chocolate event will be held Saturday, Feb. 8, from 11-2 p.m. at Ada Depot, 300 W. Main St. in Ada. There is no fee for entering. Tickets to the event, to taste any or all chocolate creations and to participate in the silent auction, are $5. Call Amy Kaiser at (580) 436-1600 for more information or email email@example.com.