• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Valley View Regional Hospital.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at Main Street Church of Christ, 408 E. Main St., Davis. This month the group will discuss current medical/clinical research studies.
The meetings are open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more aboutplease contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding lupus, contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.
SEPT. 6, 2013
• Ada High School Cougann Hamburger Fry — an annual Ada football tradition! This year’s event takes place Friday, Sept. 6, prior to the Ada vs. Ardmore football game in Ada . The meal is served on the ECU Kerr Center lawn from 5-7 p.m. Tickets are $5 per person and are available on site, which provides a burger, chips, drink and cookie. The event is open to the public.
• Ada Area Roundup Club hosts a playday event at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex outdoor arena. The event is open to the public. For more information, phone 405-395-8147, 580-272-0260 or 580-320-2400.
SEPT. 7, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop, Curtis Smith and Don Harness will host a meeting at noon Sept. 7 at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. This is a very important meeting, so all members should please attend. The meeting is also a fundraising auction, so bring dry, baked or canned goods.