Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
SEPT. 4, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
SEPT. 5, 2013
• PAST organization meets at the First Christain Church, Ada, at 5:30 p.m. The meeting is open to anyone interested in helping preserve the area’s history.
• A meeting of the board of directors for the Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corp. will be held at 10 a.m. at the new Vision Bank conference room, 1901 Arlington, Ada. This meeting is open to the public, and participation is encouraged. For more information, contact Carolyn Hill, (580) 310-9300.
• An Indian taco sale takes place from 4-7 p.m. at the Ada Chickasaw Senior Site, 1005 Chamber Loop. A pie auction begins at 5:30 p.m. Auctioneer is Dr. John Garber. Entertainment provided by Red Barn Band. Cost is $7 for taco, dessert and drink. For deliveries of two or more tacos, phone 436-1007.
• Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main St. Newcomers are always welcome. There are no fees, and you do not need to bring anything with you in order to participate. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more informaiton, phone 580-310-9787.