• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email email@example.com or call 580-427-5433.
• The Board of the Directors of the Happyland Volunteer Fire Department meets the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the fire station at 22680 CR 1530 in Ada. Should the first Monday fall on a holiday, the meeting will be held the following Monday at the same time and location.
APRIL 8, 2014
• The Pauls Valley Library Book Club will meet at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, April 8, at the library to discuss “The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak. This award-winning story is set in Germany during World War II, and features a young girl with a love for books. The book for April will be “The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. All readers are welcome.
• A free fertilizer and weed control seminar will be held from 6-8 p.m. at the Industrial Training Center Building at Pontotoc Technology Center. Teh seminar will provide producers with information on solutions to common pasture fertilization issues as well as herbicide treatments for weed and brush control.
• Byrd’s Mill Archeology club meets the second Tuesday of each month at Mercy Hospital Ada conference room at 7 p.m.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., Ada, in the church parlor. The group offers friendship, understanding and hope for families who have lost a child or grandchild. Call 580-399-5565 or 399-9716 for more information.