• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex on the north side of the extension center building in the compartment B, south of the County jail. For more information, call the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
MAY 13, 2014
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Byrd’s Mill Archeology club meets the second Tuesday of each month at Mercy Hospital Ada conference room at 7 p.m.
• Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., Ada, in the church parlor. The group offers friendship, understanding and hope for families who have lost a child or grandchild. Call 580-399-5565 or 399-9716 for more information.
MAY 14, 2014
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Ada American Legend Hut on North Broadway . This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, call Jack Jones at 580-310-6173 or J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811.
MAY 15, 2014
• The Pontotoc County Democratic Party meets the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agriplex in Room D.
• Traditional country music every third Saturday at 7 p.m. with special guest and the Country Pride Band at Mary’s Music Barn located three and three-fourths miles south and one-fourth mile west of Stonewall on the Jesse Highway. For more information, call Mary 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206 or firstname.lastname@example.org