The Ada News
Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 28, 2013
• Bread of Life Ministry, hosted by Ada First Baptist Church, feeds the hungry in the Ada community from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave.
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
MARCH 29, 2013
• Al-Anon meets each Friday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 30, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge 1640 hosts an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. The Easter Bunny will attend.
APRIL 1, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at 580- 279-4870.
• Vidalia onions arrive in April. Place orders now to ensure you don’t get left out. Order as many bags as you want.Cost is $10 for a 10 pound bag. Phone a Shriner friend to place an order or phone 580-310-0489 or 580-925-3852. This is a fundraiser for Shriners.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Mondays through April 8 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For an appointment, phone 580-332-3882.
• Ada Shrine Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at J.D.’s Cafe. Meal is at 6 p.m. and the meeting is at 7 p.m. All Shriners are welcome and encouraged to attend.
APRIL 2, 2013
• A meeting of the board of directors for Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corporation is 10 a.m. at Murray State College-Conference Room 211 in the administration building, One Murray Campus, Tishomingo. This meeting is open to the public and public participation is encouraged. For more information, phone Carolyn Hill at 580-310-9300.
• A reception, show, and sale of the artwork of local artist Rita F. Scott takes place from 6-8 p.m. at Karen’s Art & Framing, 108 E. Main, Ada.