Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 28, 2013
• Bread of Life Ministry, hosted by Ada First Baptist Church, feeds the hungry in the Ada community from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave.
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin 580-559-1554 for more information.
MARCH 29, 2013
• Al-Anon meets each Friday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 30, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge 1640 hosts an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. The Easter Bunny will attend.
APRIL 1, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at 580- 279-4870.
• Vidalia onions arrive in April. Place orders now to ensure you don’t get left out. Order as many bags as you want.Cost is $10 for a 10 pound bag. Phone a Shriner friend to place an order or phone 580-310-0489 or 580-925-3852. This is a fundraiser for Shriners.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Mondays through April 8 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For an appointment, phone 580-332-3882.
• Ada Shrine Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at J.D.’s Cafe. Meal is at 6 p.m. and the meeting is at 7 p.m. All Shriners are welcome and encouraged to attend.