Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather
DEC. 28, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m., and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
DEC. 29, 2013
• Wild Goose musicians jam session takes place each Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at Wild Goose Club in Sasakwa. This event is a gathering for musicians for a house band and opening for the house band and promotions. Musicians need to take their own instruments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Kallo at 405-941-3071.
DEC. 30, 2013
• Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is searching for caring, committed volunteers to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children. Anyone willing to commit 6-12 hours per month and go through 30 hours of training may phone 580-332-1441 or visit the CASA office at 514 E. 10th Street for more information on winter 2014 new volunteer training. Training begins Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 580-427-5433.
DEC. 31, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Ada American Legend Hut on North Broadway. This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173 or J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811.