Thursday, May 19
• The Pontotoc County Democrats will be meeting at 6 p.m. today at the Pontotoc County Agri-Plex for their monthly meeting.
Friday, May 20
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association will meet at 11 a.m. Friday at the Pontotoc Technology Center. Steve Massey, president of the Oklahoma Retired Educators Association, will speak to members. For more information, call Vaden Morgan at (580) 235-0123.
Saturday, May 21
• The Chickasaw Theatre Company will host open auditions for Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “South Pacific” from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Chickasaw Nation Arts & Humanities building, 201 N. Broadway, Ada. Singers, dancers and actors are needed.
Saturday, May 28
• The 11th annual Vamoosa High School/Community Reunion will be held starting at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 28, at the old Vamoosa High School auditorium, which is now the Grace Community Church, with a potluck lunch at noon. All are invited.
• An Owl Creek Community Church and school reunion will be held Saturday, May 28, at the Owl Creek Community Church. Guests are encouraged to bring a covered dish and a lawn chair.
Thursday, June 2
• The Ada Chickasaw Seniors will have an Indian taco sale from 4 to 7 p.m. June 2 at the Ada Chickasaw Senior Site, 1005 Chamber Loop Road. For more information on take-out and delivery, call (580) 436-1007.
Friday, June 3
• The Kullihoma Senior Center is hosting a bingo and food event, with the food sale slated for 6 p.m. and bingo scheduled for 7-9 p.m. Friday, June 3, at the Center. The meal includes beans, cornbread, a relish tray, tea or coffee and dessert for $5. Contact (580) 310-0538 for more information.
Saturday, June 4
• Roff Alumni Day will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. June 4. Former Hickory and Fitzhugh students are welcomed and encouraged to attend. A catered meal will follow at 5 p.m. Tickets are $10. RSVP required. For more information or to RSVP, call Bubba Tidwell at (580) 456-7818, Yvonne York at (405) 232-4112 or Cathy Bradford at (580) 456-7550.
• Vintage Market in the Park is slated for 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Stratford City Park south on Hyden. The event will feature vintage campers/glampers, vintage furniture/repurposed, vintage junk/items, direct sales, homemade items and food vendors, celebrating National Glamping Weekend.
Monday, June 6
• 22nd Judicial District CASA has begun accepting applications for new volunteer training to begin on June 6. Potential volunteers are required to complete an in-depth screening interview, a background check and 30 hours of training and courtroom observation. For more information or to request an application, call Jerry or Gwen at (580) 332-1441 or stop by 514 E. 10th St., Ada.
Saturday, July 2
• Atwood School will hold a reunion at noon July 2 in the Lowell Wilkerson Community Center. A potluck dinner will be shared at 5:30 p.m., followed by a short meeting. Attendees are encouraged to bring a favorite dish and enjoy the day. For more information, call Imogene Harrington at (580) 857-2243 or Jerry Shepherd at (405) 401-1257.
Saturday, July 16
• The 40th Annual Stratford Peach Festival is set for July 16 and is now accepting vendor applications. If you would like to receive a vendor application, please contact Phillip Morton at (580)759-0049 or email@example.com, or Michelle Schwagel at (580)759-9526 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Peach Festival is hosted by the Stratford Little League Foundation.