• Have you or someone you know suffered the unimaginable — the death of a child? The Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter (a non-profit organization) meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, Parlor Room. For more information, phone (580) 399-5565.
• Byrds Mill Archeological Society meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Valley View Regional Hospital Conference Room.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
DEC. 12 , 2012
• Latta School’s Indian Education Parent Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. in Room 111 at Latta Middle School. Business meetings will be conducted for JOM and Title VII programs. The Impact Aid Program will be reviewed. All parents of JOM and Title VII students are invited to attend.
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
• The single mothers support group, S.M.I.L.E (Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. This is a time of encouragement and refreshment. Child care is provided. For more information, phone Tisha at 580-759-5260.
DEC. 14, 2012
• The Polar Express Park Train will make its opening season's run Friday, Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Braving the cold, it will circle Wintersmith Park, giving passengers a special view of the holiday lights. The train will be open to the public each Friday and Saturday evening until Christmas between 6-9 p.m. All rides are free. A complementary cup of hot chocolate awaits passengers returning from their journey. These special trips are provided for children between the ages of 1 and 100 and are a gift from the Kiwanis Clubs of Ada.