DEC. 10, 2012
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
• Caregiver Support Group, sponsored by Big Five Community Services, will be held at 11:30 a.m. at Ada Public Library. For more information, phone Paulette Blankenship at 580-924-5331 or 1-888-439-5331.
• Ada City Schools, to comply with Indian Policy and Procedures for Title VIII, Impact Aid, is conducting a public hearing to discuss current status of school programs and desired directions for future developments for Ada Board of Education consideration. The meeting will be held at the Board of Education building conference room at 11 a.m. A task force composed of Chickasaw tribal representatives and Indian parents participates in the hearing to review Indian input and assess whether they have had ample opportunity for input. Parents of Indian students attending Ada Schools are welcomed to attend.
•Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.
DEC. 11, 2012
• The Pauls Valley Library Book Club will meet at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 11, at the library to discuss The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. Please come whether or not you have read the book, as the discussion will include women’s issues in Bible times. All readers are welcome.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit 72 meets at 5 p.m. upstairs at Ada Public Library during the winter months. For more information, phone 580-265-9222 or 580-436-0433.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Ada Public Library. This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone Louis Dunlap, commander, at 580-436-2725 or Rich Putman.