DEC. 28, 2012
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Oklahoma State University Pontotoc County Extension Office will be closed through Jan. 1, 2013. The office will reopen 8 a.m. Jan. 2. The OSU staff extends its warmest thoughts and best wishes to the community for a joyous holiday season and delightful new year.
DEC. 29, 2012
• Kim Butler freeze branding takes place at noon Saturday at Pontotoc County Agri-plex. The event is hosted by Crosscut Cowboy Church.
• Prepare for success workshop, hosted by Carl and Vicky Hayes, Herbalife Independent Distributors, and their associated distributors, takes place Saturday at Nutrition Mission, 231 E. Main. Breakfast will be served to participants at 10 a.m., stories and marketing insights begins at 10:20 a.m., goal setting workshop at 11:30 a.m. and spiritual insights and implications at 1 p.m. A discussion will follow the workshop. The workshop is free.
• Fire and Ice Bullriding series kicks off at 6 p.m. The event continues for 10 weeks. For more information, phone 405-203-5783.
DEC. 31, 2012
• All non-emergency city of Ada offices will close Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, for the New Year’s Day holiday. For more information on the City of Ada, visit its Web site at www.adaok.com
• Oklahoma State University Pontotoc County Extension Office will be closed through Jan. 1, 2013. The office will reopen 8 a.m. Jan. 2.
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
JAN. 1, 2012
• Circle Time of Ada, a support group for families dealing with autism, will not meet this month due to Christmas break for the kids. We will however start back up the first Tuesday in February. For more inforamtion contact Jennifer Balliett at (580)235-2731.
JAN. 3, 2012
• PAST meets at First Christian Church at 5:30 p.m. for its first meeting of 2013. Plans are to view the film “West of Ahloso.” The meeting is open to the public.
• Valley View Regional Hospital and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are starting off the new year by saving lives and invites Ada-area residents 16 years or older to join by donating blood 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at 430 N. Monte Vista. Blood donors will receive a free ball cap, health screenings and Donor Rewards points, redeemable for merchandise in OBI’s online store.