• Lost Cherokees of Arkansas and Missouri hosts an auction and meeting at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. Members are to take baked goods, canned goods, dried food or material goods to be auctioned. Headmen Cliff Bishop, Curtis Smith and Don Harness will be there. Cakes and drinks will be served at the end of the meeting.
NOV. 12, 2012
• East Central University and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are partnering for a two-day blood drive Nov. 12-13 to help save the lives of those in area hospitals. The drive will occur from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the North Lounge on East 12th Street, Ada.
• Byng High School hosts a veterans’ program at 1 p.m. in the school auditorium. Area veterans are invited to be guests. Refreshments will be served following the program.
• A breakfast honoring local veterans and their families will be held at Konawa American Legion Hut from 7-9 a.m. The menu includes scrambled eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, coffee and juice. The annual breakfast is sponsored by members of Konawa American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 70 and paid for with local dues and business donations. For more information, phone 580-925-3114.
• Byng Indian Education Committee meets at 5:45 p.m. in the high school student center. The agenda includes the review of policies and procedures and student comparisons. The meeting will adjourn at 6:20 p.m. and will reconvene at 6:30 p.m. in the administration building for a public hearing regarding the Impact Aid federal funding program. Parents of all Native American students in the Byng School System are invited to attend. For more information, contact Merry Monroe at 310-6735.
• Ada Elks Lodge dance classes are 7 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month. Classes are open to the public. Cost is $3 per person. Singles and couples are welcome. For more information, phone 332-0339 or 332-8633.