NOV. 12, 2012
• East Central University and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are partnering for a two-day blood drive Nov. 12-13 to help save the lives of those in area hospitals. The drive will occur from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the North Lounge on East 12th Street, Ada.
• Byng High School hosts a veterans’ program at 1 p.m. in the school auditorium. Area veterans are invited to be guests. Refreshments will be served following the program.
• A breakfast honoring local veterans and their families will be held at Konawa American Legion Hut from 7-9 a.m. The menu includes scrambled eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, coffee and juice. The annual breakfast is sponsored by members of Konawa American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 70 and paid for with local dues and business donations. For more information, phone 580-925-3114.
• Byng Indian Education Committee meets at 5:45 p.m. in the high school student center. The agenda includes the review of policies and procedures and student comparisons. The meeting will adjourn at 6:20 p.m. and will reconvene at 6:30 p.m. in the administration building for a public hearing regarding the Impact Aid federal funding program. Parents of all Native American students in the Byng School System are invited to attend. For more information, contact Merry Monroe at 310-6735.
• Ada Elks Lodge dance classes are 7 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month. Classes are open to the public. Cost is $3 per person. Singles and couples are welcome. For more information, phone 332-0339 or 332-8633.
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
•Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.
• Ada-Seminole TEA Party meets from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Perfect Blend Coffee House meeting room, 730 E. Main. The agenda includes showing the DVD “A video tour with David Barton on ‘The Spiritual Heritage of the United States Capitol.’”
NOV. 12, 2012