OCT. 29, 2012
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
• Retirement party for Nancy Gallup is 2-3 p.m. at Sulphur Veteran Center main dining hall, 304 E. Fairlane, Sulphur. RSVP to Sherri Lancaster at 580-622-2144 extension 2202.
• Ada Elks Lodge has brought in live bands for its Friday night dances. A little classic rock and a little country will appeal to everyone’s tastes. Cost is $5 a person and it’s open to the public. Dances start at 8 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Ada Elks Lodge is located at 3850 Arlington in Ada.
OCT. 30, 2012
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
OCT. 31 , 2012
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
NOV. 1, 2012
• A farewell retirement and appreciation party for state Rep. Paul Roan is 6 p.m. at Coalgate Park Community Building. Hamburgers, hot dogs and cold soft drinks will be served. Stan Ward, Wade Tackett and Little Wagon Band is providing country and gospel music. Guest speakers include legislators, former legislators, friends and family.
• Registration for Boys and Girls Club of Ada wrestling for boys and girls 5 and older begins at 6 p.m. in the Ada High school wrestling room. First practices begin Nov. 6. Season runs through Feb. 2, 2013.
• Ada Smile Place, 1801 E. Arlington, will be collecting excess candy from Halloween trick-or-treaters from 2-5 p.m. Children will receive $1 per pound for unopened candy (up to five pounds.) The candy will then be shipped to troops overseas.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Valley View Regional Hospital.