OCT. 26, 2012
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Lukes Episcopal Church.
• Blood donors can show their community and school spirit by donating with Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) Friday, October 26. Vanoss High School is sponsoring a blood drive from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., at 4665 County Rd 1555. Each blood donor will receive the choice of a free University of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State University blood donor T-shirt and a chance to win a pair of tickets to the 2012 Bedlam football game.
• Local volunteer fire departments, local sheriff’s deputies, scholarships, Shriner hospitals and a host of others will benefit from the annual brisket dinner to be held by the Ada Masonic Lodge No. 119. The affair will be held on Friday. Adults will eat for $8 and two children will eat for the same price. The dinner will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 730 Crestview in Ada. Brisket, Cole slaw, potato salad beans and dessert are on the menu.
• Ada High School tennis all-you-can-eat chili supper is from 4:30-7 p.m. at Central Church of Christ Family Life Center, 820 Stadium Drive. Cost is $5 per person and includes a dessert and drink. Pies and other goodies will be auctioned during the event. For more information, phone 332-2905.
OCT. 27, 2012
• The poker run scheduled for today by Ada Elks Lodge has been rescheduled for Nov. 3.
OCT. 29, 2012
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
• Retirement party for Nancy Gallup is 2-3 p.m. at Sulphur Veteran Center main dining hall, 304 E. Fairlane, Sulphur. RSVP to Sherri Lancaster at 580-622-2144 extension 2202.
• Ada Elks Lodge has live bands for its Friday night dances. A little classic rock and a little country will appeal to everyone’s tastes. Cost is $5 a person and it’s open to the public. Dances start at 8 p.m. and end at 1 a.m. Ada Elks Lodge is located at 3850 Arlington.
OCT. 30, 2012
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Lukes Episcopal Church.
OCT. 31 , 2012
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.