DEC. 24, 2012
• All non-emergency city of Ada offices will close at noon Monday, Dec. 24, in observance of Christmas Eve and remain closed all day Tuesday, Dec. 25, in observance of Christmas Day. Non-emergency city offices will also close on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, for the New Year’s Day holiday. There will be no garbage collection on Christmas Day. Garbage collection scheduled for Dec. 25 will take place the following day. For more information on the city of Ada, visit its Web site at www.adaok.com
• Oklahoma State University Pontotoc County Extension Office will be closed for the holidays Dec. 24 through Jan. 1, 2013. The office will reopen 8 a.m. Jan. 2. The OSU staff extends its warmest thoughts and best wishes to the community for a joyous holiday season and delightful new year.
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
DEC. 25, 2012
• Circle Time of Ada, a support group for families dealing with autism, will not meet this month due to Christmas break for the kids. It will start back up the first Tuesday in February. For more information, phone Jennifer Balliett at (580)235-2731.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
DEC. 26 , 2012
• Oklahoma State University Pontotoc County Extension Office will be closed for the holidays Dec. 24 through Jan. 1, 2013. The office will reopen 8 a.m. Jan. 2.
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.