Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JANUARY 11, 2013
• McCalls Chapel School and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are starting off the new year by saving lives and inviting Ada-area residents 16 years or older to join by donating blood from 1-4 p.m. at 13546 CR 3600. Blood donors will receive a free ball cap, health screenings and Donor Rewards points, redeemable for merchandise in OBI’s online store.
JANUARY 12, 2013
• KATT Radio’s Annual Blood Drive with Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) marks 28 years of ‘rockin’ Oklahomans to give life-saving blood. It will be held from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Ada’s Pontotoc County Agri-plex. Donors will receive the KATT Radio 28th Annual Blood Drive T-shirts while supplies last.
JANUARY 14, 2013
• Caregiver Support Group, sponsored by Big Five Community Services, is 11:30 a.m. at Ada Public Library. Phone Paulette Blankenship at 580-924-5331 or 1-888-439-5331.
JANUARY 15, 2013
• A new GriefShare Group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.
JANUARY 16, 2013
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
JANUARY 17, 2013
• Rural Enterprises of Oklahoma, Inc., meets at 10 a.m. at REI Oklahoma City Office, 800 Research Parkway, Suite 305, Oklahoma City.