• Byrds Mill Archeological Society meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Valley View Regional Hospital Conference Room.
• The annual Stratford 4-H and FFA Trophy Auction begins with dinner at 6 p.m. and auction at 7 p.m. at the Stratford School lunch room. Proceeds go to the students who participate in the 2013 local livestock show. For more information, phone Greg McGuffin at 580-465-6910 or Michelle McGuffin at 580-465-6919.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Lukes Episcopal Church.
NOV. 14, 2012
• The single mother’s support group, S.M.I.L.E. - Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered, meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. This is a time of encouragement and refreshment. Childcare is provided. For more information, phone Tisha at 580-759-5260..
NOV. 16, 2012
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association (PCREA) meets at 11 a.m. at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. The program is a presnetation of the Pioneer Educator Award by Ruth Ann Taylor.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Elks Lodge has brought in live bands for its Friday night dances. A little classic rock and a little country will appeal to everyone’s tastes. Cost is $5 a person and it’s open to the public. Dances start at 8 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Ada Elks Lodge is ocated at 3850 Arlington in Ada.
NOV. 17, 2012
• Gold Dusters chapter of Gold Prospectors Association of America meets at 10 a.m. the third Saturday of each month on the third floor of Fentem Hall, East Central University campus. For more information, phone Phil Robinson at 580-320-3424.
• Mary’s Music Barn, featuring The Country Pride Band and special guest, presents traditional country music the third Saturday of each month Mary’s Music Barn is located three and one-half mile south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway. Turn right on McDonald Road. The show starts at 7 p.m. For more information, phone 580-272-7816, 580-265-9206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.