•Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.
• Ada-Seminole TEA Party meets from 6:30-9 p.m. at Ada Chamber of Commerce community meeting room, 209 W. Main Street. The organization is under the new leadership of Marc and Donna Kirkpatrick, Bill Sluder and Sara McDaniel.
NOV. 13, 2012
• East Central University and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are partnering for a two-day blood drive Nov. 12-13 to help save the lives of those in area hospitals. The drive will occur from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the North Lounge on East 12th Street, Ada.
• Chimney Hill Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution meets at !:30 p.m. at Ada Arths and Heritage Center. Program will be “Honoring Our War Veterans”
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Ada Public Library . This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone Louis Dunlap, commander, at 580-436-2725 or Rich Putman.
• Prime Timers meet at J.D.’s Cafeteria for its regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m. and a meal is served at 6 p.m. Vice mayor Shane Sweeney presents the program on “The Present and Future Plans for the city of Ada” and “A Penney for our City.” Guests are welcome.
• Have you or someone you know suffered the unimaginable — the death of a child? The Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter (a non-profit organization) meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, Parlor Room. For more information, phone (580) 399-5565.