• A benefit auction and car show takes place from 4-7 p.m. at the old Stonewall gymnasium, 600 High School Street. Clay Young and Darrell Meeks are auctioneers. Auction items include a Can Am DS 90x four wheeler, 10-wheeler of sand, 10-wheeler of gravel, roll-off rental, lots of gift baskets and pies and cakes. Proceeds from the event go to help Mikki Turner and Jason “Twig” Turner with medical expenses. A Turner Benefit Fund has been established at First American Bank of Stonewall. Donations will be received and disbursed by Stonewall Free Will Baptist Church, host of this event. For more information, phone 580-421-1915.
• Lost Cherokees of Arkansas and Missouri hosts an auction and meeting at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. Members are to take baked goods, canned goods, dried food or material goods to be auctioned. Headmen Cliff Bishop, Curtis Smith and Don Harness will be there. Cakes and drinks will be served at the end of the meeting.
NOV. 12, 2012
• East Central University and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are partnering for a two-day blood drive Nov. 12-13 to help save the lives of those in area hospitals. The drive will occur from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the North Lounge on East 12th Street, Ada.
• A breakfast honoring local veterans and their families will be held at Konawa American Legion Hut from 7-9 a.m. The menu includes scrambled eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, coffee and juice. The annual breakfast is sponsored by members of Konawa American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 70 and paid for with local dues and business donations. For more information, phone 580-925-3114.
• Ada Elks Lodge dance classes are 7 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month. Classes are open to the public. Cost is $3 per person. Singles and couples are welcome. For more information, phone 332-0339 or 332-8633.
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.