DEC. 15, 2012
• Francis Auxiliary hosts its annual Christmas party at 6 p.m. at Francis City Hall. Refreshments will be served.
• Chimney Hill Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution meets at 1:30 p.m. at Ada Arts and Heritage Center. DAR Good Citizen Award to be awarded. Guests and prospective members welcome.
• The Polar Express Park Train will make its opening season’s run Friday, Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Braving the cold, it will circle Wintersmith Park, giving passengers a special view of the holiday lights. The train will be open to the public each Friday and Saturday evening until Christmas between 6-9 p.m. All rides are free. A complementary cup of hot chocolate awaits passengers returning from their journey. These special trips are provided for children between the ages of 1 and 100 and are a gift from the Kiwanis Clubs of Ada.
• Gold Dusters chapter of Gold Prospectors Association of America meets at 10 a.m. the third Saturday of each month on the third floor of Fentem Hall, East Central University campus. For more information, phone Phil Robinson at 580-320-3424.
• Mary’s Music Barn, featuring The Country Pride Band and special guest, presents traditional country music the third Saturday of each month Mary’s Music Barn is located three and one-half mile south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway. Turn right on McDonald Road. The show starts at 7 p.m. For more information, phone 580-272-7816, 580-265-9206 or email email@example.com.
DEC. 17, 2012
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
DEC. 18, 2012
• Rolling Hills Hospital invites all Ada-area residents to get in the giving spirit by donating life-saving blood. Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) will conduct a blood drive from 7:30-10:30 a.m., at 1000 Rolling Hills Lane.