DEC. 12 , 2012
• Call-A-Ride Public Transit will be closed today for training.
• Latta School’s Indian Education Parent Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. in Room 111 at Latta Middle School. Business meetings will be conducted for JOM and Title VII programs. The Impact Aid Program will be reviewed. All parents of JOM and Title VII students are invited to attend.
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
• The single mothers support group, S.M.I.L.E (Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. This is a time of encouragement and refreshment. Child care is provided. For more information, phone Tisha at 580-759-5260.
DEC. 13, 2012
• RawSkinCeuticals are hosting a coat drive for Salvation Army from 5-8:30 p.m. at Serendipity on Main Street. Coat donations and cash donations will benefit the coat drive and Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program. The coat drive will be held during a Green Wellness Open House. RawSkinCeuticals will donate 30 percent of any product sales during that evening to the Salvation Army as well. For more information, phone 317-306-8500 or email email@example.com.
• Byng High School students present It’s a Wonderful Life Dec. 13, 14 and 15 in a unique radio-for-stage adaptation of the Frank Capra movie, written by Tony Palermo. Performances start at 7 p.m. The Dec. 13 performance will be simulcast on the Gospel Station Network 88.3 and 105.1 FM. Many sound effects for the show will be produced live on stage. Also, 1940s-style commercials, sung by Byng choir students, will be intermixed with the radio play.