DEC. 5 , 2012
• Citizens Bank and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are conducting a blood drive from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at 123 W. 12th.
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
DEC. 6, 2012
• Ada Chickasaw Senior Citizens hosts an Indian taco sale from 3-7 p.m. at the senior site, 1005 Chamber Loop. Dr. John Garber will auction pies and cakes beginning at 5:30 p.m. Cost of the meal, including dessert and drink, is $7. Red Barn Band will entertain. For delivery of two or more taco dinners in the city limits, phone 580-436-1007.
• United Campus Ministry Spaghetti Spectacular takes place at First United Methodist Church, located at the corner of Broadway and 14th streets. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Dinner is from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per adult and $3 per child for all-you-can-eat spaghetti, bread, salad and dessert. For more information, phone 436-3400.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Valley View Regional Hospital.
DEC. 7, 2012
• The Polar Express Park Train made its opening season run Friday, Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Braving the cold, the train will circle Wintermsith Park, giving passengers a special view of the holiday lights. The train will be open to the public each Friday and Saturday evening until Christmas between 6-9 p.m. All rides are free. A complimentary cup of hot chocolate awaits passengers returning from their journey. These special trips are provided for children between the ages of 1 and 100 and are a gift from the Kiwanis Clubs of Ada.