DEC. 17, 2012
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
DEC. 18, 2012
• Abba’s Tables Association (ATA) needs help to feed the hungry in Ada. The organization is open to local churches and people from all walks of life. ATA meets at 7 p.m. each Tuesday at 600 W. 9th. Volunteers and donations are needed. To sign up for email updates, text the word “EAT” to 22828. For more information go online to www.abbastables.com or phone 332-4700.
• Rolling Hills Hospital invites all Ada-area residents to get in the giving spirit by donating life-saving blood. Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) will conduct a blood drive from 7:30-10:30 a.m., at 1000 Rolling Hills Lane.
• Prime Timers meet at J.D.’s Cafeteria for the regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m. and a meal will be served at 6 p.m. Rozzie Purdy presents the program, “A Christmas Medley.” Guests are welcome.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
DEC. 19 , 2012
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
DEC. 21, 2012
• 22nd Judicial District CASA, Inc., hosts a Christmas come-and-go event from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at 514 E. 10th. The event is open to the public.
• The Polar Express Park Train will make its opening season’s run Friday, Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Braving the cold, it will circle Wintersmith Park, giving passengers a special view of the holiday lights. The train will be open to the public each Friday and Saturday evening until Christmas between 6-9 p.m. All rides are free. A complementary cup of hot chocolate awaits passengers returning from their journey. These special trips are provided for children between the ages of 1 and 100 and are a gift from the Kiwanis Clubs of Ada.