• The Polar Express Park Train made its opening season run Friday, Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Braving the cold, the train will circle Wintermsith Park, giving passengers a special view of the holiday lights. The train will be open to the public each Friday and Saturday evening until Christmas between 6-9 p.m. All rides are free. A complimentary cup of hot chocolate awaits passengers returning from their journey. These special trips are provided for children between the ages of 1 and 100 and are a gift from the Kiwanis Clubs of Ada.
DEC. 10, 2012
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.
•Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194 holds its monthly meeting the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.
DEC. 11, 2012
• Have you or someone you know suffered the unimaginable — the death of a child? The Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter (a non-profit organization) meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, Parlor Room. For more information, phone (580) 399-5565.
• Byrds Mill Archeological Society meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Valley View Regional Hospital Conference Room.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke's Episcopal Church.
• The Pauls Valley Library Book Club will meet at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 11 at the library to discuss The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. Please come whether or not you have read the book, as the discussion will include women’s issues in Bible times. All readers are welcome.