The Ada News
NOV. 2, 2012
• Byng gospel singing is 7 p.m. at Byng Assembly of God Church.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Lukes Episcopal Church.
• Ada Elks Lodge has brought in live bands for its Friday night dances. Cost is $5 a person and it’s open to the public. Dances start at 8 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Ada Elks Lodge is located at 3850 Arlington in Ada.
NOV. 3, 2012
• Ada Elks Lodge hosts a poker run of bikes, trucks and cars at 8:30 a.m. at 3850 Arlington. Proceeds benefit Ada Elks scholarships, including East Central University. The event is open to the public.
• Lula Volunteer Fire Department’s annual fund-raiser and barbecue is 5 p.m. at the Lula Fire Department located on state Highway 48 in Lula. Deep pit beef, pork and barbecue chicken and old-fashioned homemade desserts will be served. Jerry Duncan provides live music. Silent auction, games and bounce house for children are also available. Raffle tickets are $5 each for one-half a beef or whole pig, cut and wrapped. Winner does not need to be present to win. Monetary donations are welcome.
Mail them to Lula Volunteer Fire Department, 19613 Hwy 48, Tupelo, OK 74572. For more information, phone Fire Chief Kim Johnson at 580-320-6489.
• The Peach Town Opry, a music show and open mic night, is hosted at 7 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Stratford American Legion Building located just north of the 4-way stop on US Highway 177 in Stratford. The show is free, open to the public and features contemporary country and gospel music. For more information, contact Carole at 320-4319.