DEC. 19 , 2012
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
DEC. 21, 2012
• 22nd Judicial District CASA, Inc., hosts a Christmas come-and-go event from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at 514 E. 10th. The event is open to the public.
• The Polar Express Park Train will make its opening season’s run Friday, Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Braving the cold, it will circle Wintersmith Park, giving passengers a special view of the holiday lights. The train will be open to the public each Friday and Saturday evening until Christmas between 6-9 p.m. All rides are free. A complimentary cup of hot chocolate awaits passengers returning from their journey. These special trips are provided for children between the ages of 1 and 100 and are a gift from the Kiwanis Clubs of Ada.
DEC. 23, 2012
The Refuge Church, 1001 Tipton Terrace, is planning a community brunch on Dec. 23. It is free and all of Ada is welcome to partake. The usual church service will be suspended on that day in order to feed everyone. Holiday entertainment will be included, too. The brunch will begin at 10 a.m. and conclude at 11:30 a.m. Phone 436-2279 for more information. Santa Claus is expected to make an appearance at the affair. Photos of kids with Santa will be taken and a copy provided for free, officials said.
DEC. 24, 2012
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Irving Community Center, second floor. For more information, phone 580-456-7673.