• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
• The single mothers support group, S.M.I.L.E (Single Moms: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. This is a time of encouragement and refreshment. Child care is provided. For more information, phone Tisha at 580-759-5260.
DEC. 14, 2012
• The Polar Express Park Train will make its opening seaon’s run Friday, Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Braving the cold, it will circle Wintersmith Park, giving passengers a special view of the holiday lights. The train will be open to the public each Friday and Saturday evening until Christmas between 6-9 p.m. All rides are free. A complementary cup of hot chocolate awaits passengers returning from their journey. These special trips are provided for children between the ages of 1 and 100 and are a gift from the Kiwanis Clubs of Ada.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• The Peach Town Opry in Stratford hosts a gospel music show on the second Friday of every month starting at 7 p.m. They are open mike shows so everyone is encouraged to come and share their talents. The Opry is located inside the American Legion Post 191 building on US 177 just north of the four-way stop in Stratford. For more information, phone Carole Grigg at (580)320-4319.