•Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.
DEC. 11, 2012
• Pauls Valley Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. at the library to discuss The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. Please come whether or not you have read the book, as the discussion will include women’s issues in Bible times. All readers are welcome.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit 72 meets at 5 p.m. upstairs of Ada Public Library during the winter months. For more information, phone 580-265-9222 or 580-436-0433.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Ada Public Library. This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the combat infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone Louis Dunlap, commander, at 580-436-2725 or Rich Putman.
• Have you or someone you know suffered the unimaginable — the death of a child? Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter (a non-profit organization) meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, Parlor Room. For more information, phone (580) 399-5565.
• Byrds Mill Archeological Society meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Valley View Regional Hospital Conference Room.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
DEC. 12 , 2012
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.