NOV. 8, 2012
• Sport Aviation Enthusiasts meet each month on the second Thursday at 6 p.m. at Ada Municipal Airport terminal. For more information, phone Mack at 580-265-9461.
NOV. 9, 2012
• Latta High School National Honor Society and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) are partnering for a blood drive to help save the lives of those in area hospitals. The drive will occur from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 1315 CR1560.
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke's Episcopal Church.
• Ada Elks Lodge has brought in live bands for its Friday night dances. A little classic rock and a little country will appeal to everyone’s tastes. Cost is $5 a person and it’s open to the public. Dances start at 8 p.m. and end at 1 a.m. Ada Elks Lodge is located at 3850 Arlington in Ada.
• The Peach Town Opry in Stratford hosts a gospel music show on the second Friday of every month starting at 7 p.m. They are open mike shows so everyone is encouraged to come and share their talents. The Opry is located inside the American Legion Post 191 building on US 177 just north of the four-way stop in Stratford. For more information, phone Carole Grigg at (580)320-4319.
NOV. 10, 2012
• Roff Educational Enhancement Foundation and Roff Masonic Lodge host their annual dinner theater at 6 p.m. at Roff Public School Student Center, 100 N. Broadway in Roff. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 12 and younger. Proceeds go to scholarships presented through the local educational foundation.
• A benefit auction and car show takes place from 4-7 p.m. at the old Stonewall gymnasium, 600 High School Street. Clay Young and Darrell Meeks are auctioneers. Auction items include a Can Am DS 90x four wheeler, 10-wheeler of sand, 10-wheeler of gravel, roll-off rental, lots of gift baskets and pies and cakes. Proceeds from the event go to help Mikki Turner and Jason “Twig” Turner with medical expenses. A Turner Benefit Fund has been established at First American Bank of Stonewall. Donations will be received and disbursed by Stonewall Free Will Baptist Church, host of this event. For more information, phone 580-421-1915.